The Beginning of the End for Facebook?
Hm – I don’t know. Facebook is such a hit I doubt it will meet its end anytime soon, since challengers such as Google Plus have mostly been met with skepticism as far as I know. The beginning of a slight decline, perhaps, as people begin to realise what Facebook gives and takes from them and don’t find it as fresh, but I doubt it will be the end.
In response to the ‘more focused sites will draw people away from Facebook’ comment, I believe that being able to have many ‘friends’ is one of the advantages of Facebook because you can keep in touch with lots of people at the same time, in the same place. And Facebook has already added a Top Friends (or something) feed in addition to the normal News Feed that displays updates from a select group of friends chosen by the user.
Ah well, as said in the article, with technology, you never know eh? 😉
You’ve probably heard of Facebook, the most popular social networking site on the web. But did you know…
1. Facebook deletes accounts with strange sounding names such as “Allien”.
2. There’s something called the Facebook Addiction Disorder. Wonder how many of us suffer from that?
3. More than 60% of all Facebook users use it to stalk their ex! One of them? Or maybe an innocent victim?
4. Almost 1 billion photos are uploaded to Facebook per month.
5. Syria banned Facebook – probably to prevent uprising of democratic groups.
If you know Facebook, you’d know what a status is. Here are some hilarious statuses from ernieis.wordpress.com!
Alex R. If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments 😛
Robert D.”the greatest thing about Facebook, is that you can quote something and totally make up the source.” – George Washington
Andrew M. is living vicariously through himself.
Ernie says don’t you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There’s one marked ‘Brightness,’ but it doesn’t work.
Thank you clever people and ernieis.wordpress.com for the statuses! If you’d like to read more, please visit the site. 🙂